GetMeViewing is the consumer site for the Confederation of Aerial Industries (CAI). The CAI is the UK’s representative trade association for businesses across the whole spectrum of delivering video, audio and data around the home and commercial properties. Formed in 1978 the Confederation represents installers, manufacturers, distributors & broadcast operators engaged in networking signals to all types of properties. We are different from most trade bodies in that applicants for membership have to undergo an assessment to check they are compliant to the CAI’s Codes of Practice & Code of Conduct which are recognised by broadcasters and government as best practice. By choosing a CAI member to advise or complete the work you require you are assured of competence & compliance.
Who the CAI Represents
The CAI has members ranging from sole proprietor aerial and satellite installers, to the largest commercial system design and installation companies along with manufacturers and distributors who supply all the necessary equipment for signal reception and data networks. The CAI also represents consultants and broadcast operators. CAI members cover a vast amount of key trades such as:
- TV Aerial & Satellite Installation
- Installation of TV Service Providers (Freeview, Freesat, Sky etc.)
- Smart Home Entertainment
- Home Networking & Automation
- Fibre Installations
- Radio Aerial Installation
- Communal TV
- Integrated Reception Systems (IRS)
- Microwave & Wireless Technology
- Internet TV
- CCTV Security
- Access Communications
- Door Entry
We concentrate on raising standards in our trade through the recognised mandatory Codes of Practice which are viewed by government and broadcasting as best practice in our industry. We have developed an extensive hands-on City and Guilds accredited education and skills programme that trains installers how to attain those standards. This in turn ensures consumers engage with a competent and reputable trader.
Key Consumer Benefits
By choosing a CAI member to advise or complete the work you require you are assured of competence & compliance. Other key benefits are CAI members:
- Abide by and work to standards outlined in the CAI Codes of Practice and British Standards.
- Are continually re-assessed to ensure standards are maintained.
- Guarantee all domestic (single dwelling home) installations carried out by a member for 12 months.
- Use quality tested equipment through the CAI Certification scheme for aerials and cable.
- Are fully insured, so you are protected.
- Access to our complaints service if you have an issue with a member.